United Nations, 22 November (IANS). UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has condemned the rocket attacks in Kabul. The attack killed nine people and injured about 50 others.
According to Xinhua, Secretary-General’s spokesman Stephen Dujarric said in a statement on Saturday that the United Nations chief expressed deep condolences to the families of the dead and wished the injured to recover soon.
Underlining the need to immediately end violence in Afghanistan, the Secretary-General has expressed hope that the Afghanistan peace talks can swiftly end conflicts and end attacks.
The upcoming Afghanistan conference on 23–24 November is an opportunity to renew commitments for the peaceful development and future prosperity of the country, the statement said.
On Saturday, nine people were killed and around 50 others were injured in two IED explosions and 23 rocket attacks.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks so far.